Head of Foundation Message
It is my privilege to welcome you and your children to the Foundation School at Oxford Academy.
We have an extremely dedicated group of teachers and teacher assistants who are passionate about delivering a quality, well balanced and fun filled curriculum for your child.
Teachers in the Foundation Classes follow the principles and curriculum of 'The Early Years Foundation Programme' from the English/Wales Curriculum.Our teaching reflects the principles that:
- Every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Children are encouraged to develop positive relationships. Partnership with parents is crucial to this development.
- The learning environment plays a key role in the children's development.
- All children learn in different ways and at different rates.
- All areas of learning are equally important and inter-connected.
Throughout the year children will be involved in a variety of different activities including Sports Day, Character Day, National Day Celebrations and Class Trips. These activities will enhance their learning environment and provide them with opportunities to mix with other children.
Our new school mission statement 'Ready for life – realising potential, learning respect and taking responsibility' begins from day one in KG and will continue to impact children's decision making throughout their time at Oxford Academy.
We are ready for the exciting year ahead and I am looking forward to it being a productive and positive year in the Foundation School.
Thank you for visiting our website and I look forward to meeting you in the near future; my door is always open.
Clare HowarthHead of Foundation